GAP Insurancefrom LKC Motors
When you buy a new car, it begins to depreciate and lose value from the minute you drive it off the forecourt.
If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, crash, or have your vehicle stolen, leading to your vehicle being written-off by the insurer, many only return to you the price the vehicle was worth at the time of the incident, not the amount you need to get an equivalent replacement.
The Real Risk
With more than 500,000 vehicles written-off annually, and more than 100,000 stolen, many people protect themselves financially with GAP Insurance on their new vehicle. GAP is designed to bridge the gap between the amount you receive from your motor insurance, and the original amount you paid for the vehicle.
If today you bought a new vehicle for £15,000, within 3 years that vehicle will be worth roughly 40% of its original value*. If vehicle is involved in an accident or stolen, and declared written-off in its second year your insurer could value it at as little as £8000. GAP Insurance pays the difference, meaning a payment straight to you of £7000 on top of your motor insurance settlement, giving you enough cash to purchase a new equivalent vehicle and get back on the road.
- Works in tandem with your standard comprehensive motor insurance policy
- Provides protection for up to 3 years
- Pays the difference between the difference between your insurers settlement, and the amount you paid for the vehicle, or the amount required to settle your finance agreement, whichever is greater
- GAP will pay you back up to £25,000
- It also covers your motor insurance excess up to £250.00
*Source: The AA